Saturday, August 11, 2012

School and Life

I started thinking early on during summer vacation about how to streamline or get more organized.  I know we all have busy lives outside of work.  My son plays football and my daughter runs cross country so starting next week we are gone 2-3 nights a week.  I love it and would not trade it for the world, but I get very behind at home.  So I came up with a couple of things to try and avoid this! 

1.  I made myself a chore list.  Each night of the week I am going to clean something.  For example on Monday I am going to clean the main bathroom.  On Tuesday I will clean the second bathroom.  I set text reminders from my Google calendar, so I don't forget!  So come the weekend I will not be spending all day Saturday cleaning.  I may have to do some extra cleaning on Saturday, but not all the cleaning will be put off until then.  This has worked great during the summer.  Wish me luck with it starting Thursday, my first official day back to work. 

2.  Freezer Meals and Crock pot Recipes:  I have started preparing some freezer meals.  It involves one long day a month in the kitchen, but has already made my life simpler.  I found some recipes on Pinterest.  The website Once a Month Mom is also a great resource.  I have also fell in love with my crock pot.  I am sure others feel the same way.  Some of our favorite crock pot meals are hot beef sandwiches, chicken and dumpling casserole, and Santa Fe chicken.

What do you do to stay ahead at home and still enjoy life?


1 comment:

  1. Chore lists are pretty much the only way that I get anything done. That way, I can cross things off the list. There's nothing more satisfying. ;)

    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete