Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July Currently!

First of all I just have to say that I can't believe it is July, already! That being said I am Linking up with



 Oh' Boy 4th Grade
Oh' Boy Fourth Grade
to do the July Currently.  So here it is:   

Listening: I've never been a big watcher of TV, but I seem to have become addicted to crime scene shows. Three of them in particular and all on TNT: Rizzoli and Isles, Bones, and Castle.

Loving: I'm loving having the time to read and workout. I'm currently reading Frozen Heat by Richard Castle and Words Their Way. I am also reading the Iowa Children's Choice Award Nominees for the 2014-2015 school year. I just finished "Summer of the Gypsy Moths" by Sara Pennypacker. I'm also loving not have to get up at o'dark o'clock to fit in my workout rather it be a run, yoga, or strength training.  

Thinking: I've been thinking about change. My son is headed off to college this fall. We will miss him very much. Family meals will not be the same.  My daughter just turned 16. I sure miss the days when they needed me, but I am very proud of them!

Wanting: I've been fighting shin splints this summer. I would normally have built my mileage up 15-20 miles a week by now. I am hovering around 9-10 miles. I really want to get past this. I'm trying to be patient, I'm not very good at it!

Needing: I'm needing to get past the shin splints, so I can up my mileage and ditch the extra 7 pounds I have put on this summer. I seem to be the queen of grazing: sweet to salt to sweet to salt. Can you say lack of self-control?

Have a Happy Fourth, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I found you through the July Currently Linky! I am excited for the time to read as well! I haven't read a book for myself in months! I hope that you are having a wonderful summer!

    Christine

    Leaping into Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching Bones too! Isn't having the summer to read and workout great? I've been hitting all the workout classes I'd been missing so much during the crazy end of the year!!
    Happy 4th! :o)
    Emily
    Munchkins Inc.

    ReplyDelete